Black beans are powerful little legumes that can provide men and women with many benefits! As with any legume they are rich in fiber and protein. Legumes contain the highest fiber-protein concentration compared to any other food groups. Black Beans possess many additional specific benefits that not all legumes have.
- Phytonutrients - The coating on the black bean contains most of the phytonutrients which can improve fat metabolism and assist in healthy cholesterol levels.
- Lowers Risk of Many Diseases - Decreases the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, type 2 diabetes and cancer.
- Contain Essential Nutrients - Extremely high in fiber, protein and vitamin A. Contain omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, manganese, iron, zinc and folic acid.
- Treat Sexual Dysfunction - Black beans contain Molybdenum which is a mineral that has been proven to reduce erectile dysfunction in men. It also can increase energy which will benefit your sex life.
- Improve Pre-Natal Health - Great source of folate. Folate promotes the development of the fetal brain and spinal cord.
- Improve Nervous System Functioning - Folate also regulates amino acids that are required by the nervous system.
If you are vegan or vegetarian, pairing black beans with rice provides a meal that meets your protein needs. But, vegan or not, black beans should be incorporated into every healthy balanced diet!